The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful — fostering the ability to engage fully in the world.
We achieve our mission by:
- Applying the innovative educational philosophy and curriculum of Rudolph Steiner in a contemporary context
- Upholding a standard of excellence and integrity in academics, arts and human relationships
- Honoring and valuing each child and his or her unique gifts
- Cultivating dynamic working relationships with and among the faculty, the board, the administration and the community of families
- Striving for cultural diversity within an urban setting, with a commitment to the importance of nature and its stewardship