Our school has a history of making Waldorf Education accessible to families. The support we offer helps maintain our diverse student body and helps to keep our community intact.
We are proud to offer financial assistance to 30% of our families each year
We consider applications for all students who are turning 5 years by June 1st, 2019 through to 8th grade. The financial aid application window is from October through January and the deadline for applications is January 18th, 2019. Families are advised of their financial aid awards on or about February 1st.
Applications should be made through School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. Families are encouraged to complete their financial aid application as soon as possible and at the same time as the admission application process is being completed.
Our school is committed to maintaining a consistent level of support annually, provided families meet the eligibility criteria and continue to demonstrate a comparable need. All applications must be updated annually by the application deadline and we ask families to always give their children’s education a very high priority in their financial planning, including considering possible help from extended family.
Financial assistance decisions are reached by a Financial Aid Committee. The Committee reviews each family’s application individually and consideration is given to multiple factors including income, assets, home equity, second home ownership, consumer debt, and the number of children attending tuition-charging institutions. All information is held in strict confidence and families receiving support are asked to reciprocate by observing the same strict confidentiality.
For a conversation about eligibility for financial support from the Waldorf School of Philadelphia, please reach out to the Director of Advancement & Enrollment, Alexandra Borders at 215-248-1662 or email@example.com
How to Apply
- Create a confidential online account via SSS - Financial Aid
- The application code for the Waldorf School of Philadelphia is 4125
- Returning applicants please use your email address and password previously set up
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2019-20 - you can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- The fee of $49 is non-refundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system but it can be revised later, if necessary.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access to the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” There you can upload supporting documents.
- Prepare your documents by ensuring they are on your computer and saved as a separate file. Remember to remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and log in and select the Academic Year 2019-20 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, there is an upload button or hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Click either the upload button or the hyperlink which will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
The Children’s Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia (CSFP)
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a proud partner of the Children's Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia which provides opportunities for tuition scholarships for Philadelphia residents with children attending K through 8th grade. Learn more about CSFP and the application process.