Tours & Events
Our fall and spring Open Houses are the best way for the whole family to get to know us! Meet teachers, parents, alumni and current students. Enjoy freshly-baked Kindergarten bread, listen to teacher-talks, and more. Join in and let's have fun together!
There are two family open house events each year. We recommend visiting the fall preceding your child’s enrollment. Register today — we look forward to meeting you!
Fall Open House: Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 10 a.m. until midday
Spring Open House: Saturday, March 15, 2015 from 10 a.m. until midday
Classroom Observation Mornings
Parents and adults can come in to see our school in action! Journey with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education.
On Classroom Observation Mornings we meet at 8.30 a.m. in our beautiful Applied Arts Studio. We end with a question and answer session at 10.30 a.m. Space is limited and we suggest that you call ahead or register with the form below to reserve your spot today.
Fall Dates: October 9th, 2014, November 6th 2014
Winter Dates: December 11th, 2014, January 22nd 2015, February 12th 2015
Spring Dates: March 6th 2015, April 23rd 2015,
Kindergarten Spring Open House
Learn about our unique approach to supporting the development of young children. Your child is invited to explore our classroom and adults will have opportunity to ask questions and discuss Waldorf education. Register today for Saturday, April 25th, 2015.
Neighborhood Open Houses
A Neighborhood Open House is a great way to learn about the Waldorf School of Philadelphia and meet like-minded families in a warm, welcoming environment. Because it's in someone's home, it's a more intimate, personal experience and allows you to get a different perspective from what you will receive at a traditional Open House Event. Space is limited, so please be sure to register ahead of time for these events.
Germantown - 11th October, 2014
The Cassidy Family are proud to host the Second Annual Germantown Neighborhood Open House at their home 260 West Walnut Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19144, which is a stones-throw from our new home at 6000 Wayne Avenue.
Fairmount - 1st November, 2014
The Fourth Annual Fairmount Neighborhood Open House to be hosted once more by the Moser/Borko family at their home 853 N. 25th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
Fishtown - 16th November 2014
The Koenig Family are hosting the Second Annual Fishtown Neighborhood Open House at their home 2054 Coral Street, Philadelphia, PA 19125
Annual Alumni Panel
Meet our panel of Waldorf graduates, Waldorf alumni parents and high school teachers for an evening of enlivened discussion about the benefits of Waldorf education post graduation. Registration required for this event on December 11, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
We gladly accept applications throughout the year until all of our classes are full. If a wait pool is established, the school will consider students from the pool who contribute to balanced classrooms.
To learn more about The Waldorf School of Philadelphia, please contact Alex Borders, Director of Admissions, at 215-248-1662 or email@example.com
- Events on August 16, 2014
- Family Work Day9:00 am to 1:00 pmAn annual tradition, the Family Work Day is a great way to prepare the classrooms, school building and grounds for the start of the school year. They are also a great way to help ease the transition to school for your little ones. Join us. It's fun!
- Events on August 24, 2014
- Family Work Day1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Events on August 28, 2014
- New Family Orientation6:00 pm to 7:30 pmLearn about the school, its organization, the role of parents, and how you can prepare for the school year ahead. The meeting will be held in the Applied Arts Studio.
- Events on September 3, 2014
- First Day of Grade School8:15 am to 9:15 am
- Events on September 4, 2014
- Boo Hoo Breakfast8:00 am to 9:15 amThe first day of school is a rite of passage for all. Join fellow parents and share your first day experiences over coffee.