Tours & Events
Our fall and spring Open Houses are the best way for the whole family to get to know us! Meet teachers, parents, alumni and current students. Enjoy freshly-baked Kindergarten bread, listen to teacher-talks, watch a puppet play and more. Join in and let's have fun together!
There are two family open house events each year. We recommend visiting the fall preceding your child’s enrollment. Register today — we look forward to meeting you!
Fall Open House: Saturday, October 26, 2013 from 10 a.m. until midday
Spring Open House: Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 10 a.m. until midday
Classroom Observation Mornings
Parents and adults can come in to see our school in action! Journey with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education.
On Classroom Observation Mornings we meet at 8.30 a.m. in our beautiful Applied Arts Studio. We end with a question and answer session at 10.30 a.m. Space is limited and we suggest that you call ahead or register with the form below to reserve your spot today.
Spring Dates: April 10, 2014 and April 24, 2014
Neighborhood Open Houses
A Neighborhood Open House is a great way to learn about the Waldorf School of Philadelphia and meet like-minded families in a warm, welcoming environment. Because it's in someone's home, it's a more intimate, personal experience and allows you to get a different perspective from what you will receive at a traditional Open House Event. Space is limited, so please be sure to register ahead of time for these events.
The Third Annual Fairmount Neighborhood Open House to be hosted once more by the Moser/Borko family at their home 853 N. 25th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
The Koenig Family are hosting the Fishtown Neighborhood Open House at their home 2054 Coral Street, Philadelphia, PA 19125
The Cassidy Family are proud to host the first ever Germantown Neighborhood Open House at their home 260 West Walnut Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19144, which is a stones-throw from our new home.
Annual Alumni Panel
Meet our panel of Waldorf graduates, Waldorf alumni parents and high school teachers for an evening of enlivened discussion about the benefits of Waldorf education post graduation. Registration required for this event on December 17, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
We gladly accept applications throughout the year until all of our classes are full. If a wait pool is established, the school will consider students from the pool who contribute to balanced classrooms.
To learn more about The Waldorf School of Philadelphia, please contact Alex Borders, Director of Admissions, at 215-248-1662 or email@example.com
- Events on March 19, 2014
- School Chair Meet 'N Greet8:30 am to 9:30 amJoin the conversation with Kerry Hoffman, School Chair, and her administration team colleagues. Bring questions, concerns or just come and enjoy coffee and conversation.
- Events on March 20, 2014
- Special Subjects Showcase2:00 pm to 3:00 pmJoin students of the 1st and 3rd Grades for their Special Subjects Showcase. Open to parents of 1st and 3rd graders only.
- Events on March 29, 2014
- Spring Open House10:00 am to 12:00 pmChildren are welcome and expected at our Family Open House. Discover how we support important first steps in our Parent-Toddler Program, teach independence in Kindergarten and imagine what's possible when children love to learn and don't want to miss a single day of school. Learn more about The Journey here - http://phillywaldorf.com/journey/
- Events on April 8, 2014
- Coffee and Conversation7:00 pm to 9:00 pmThe Coffee and Conversation series is organized by the Parent Association.
- Events on April 9, 2014
- School Chair Meet 'N Greet12:00 am to 12:00 am