Play is the work of childhood. Our homelike environment is carefully prepared for the developmental needs of the young child. Warm, nurturing, inviting and intentionally filled with beautiful, natural elements including pieces of wood, seashells, beeswax for modeling and handcrafted dolls and toys to encourage children to create, imagine and wonder.
Their day breathes with a natural rhythm and nurtures them with folk tales, puppetry and community.
Taught by Waldorf teachers specifically trained in early childhood education, our programs nurture and protect the young child’s sense of wonder and imagination. They learn how to cut fruit for sharing and roll dough for baking fresh bread, and how to finger-knit with organic plant-dyed yarns, a practice that develops fine motor skills and teaches them how to recognize mathematical patterns.
Schedule: The Apple Tree, Oak Tree, Daisy and Lilac Kindergartens
These mixed-aged classrooms are made up of fifteen 3-5 year olds. Class meets Monday through Friday. The half day program begins at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 1.00 p.m. The full day program begins at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 3.15 p.m.
Depending on enrollment demand, there are a limited number of three-day spaces, Monday through Wednesday.
- Events on August 24, 2014
- Family Work Day1:00 pm to 5:00 pmAn annual tradition, the Family Work Day is a great way to prepare the classrooms, school building and grounds for the start of the school year. They are also a great way to help ease the transition to school for your little ones. Join us. It's fun!
- Events on August 28, 2014
- New Family Orientation6:00 pm to 7:30 pmLearn about the school, its organization, the role of parents, and how you can prepare for the school year ahead. The meeting will be held in the Applied Arts Studio.
- Events on September 3, 2014
- First Day of Grade School12:00 am to 12:00 am