Play is the work of childhood. Our homelike environment is carefully prepared for the developmental needs of the young child. Warm, nurturing, inviting and intentionally filled with beautiful, natural elements including pieces of wood, seashells, beeswax for modeling and handcrafted dolls and toys to encourage children to create, imagine and wonder.
Their day breathes with a natural rhythm and nurtures them with folk tales, puppetry and community.
Taught by Waldorf teachers specifically trained in early childhood education, our programs nurture and protect the young child’s sense of wonder and imagination. They learn how to cut fruit for sharing and roll dough for baking fresh bread, and how to finger-knit with organic plant-dyed yarns, a practice that develops fine motor skills and teaches them how to recognize mathematical patterns.
Schedule: The Apple Tree, Oak Tree, Daisy and Lilac Kindergartens
These mixed-aged classrooms are made up of fifteen 3-5 year olds. Class meets Monday through Friday. The half day program begins at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 1.00 p.m. The full day program begins at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 3.15 p.m.
Depending on enrollment demand, there are a limited number of three-day spaces, Monday through Wednesday.
- Events on October 5, 2014
- Fall for the Arts Festival12:00 am to 12:00 amJoin us at our booth on the avenue. Wear your WSP t-shirt and get a prize! http://www.chestnuthillpa.com/showcase/fall-for-the-arts-festival
- Ode To Joy Ride8:30 am to 10:00 amThe Ode to Joy Ride is The Waldorf School of Philadelphia's tribute to our friend Lewis. To find out more information and register visit http://phillywaldorf.com/development/community-fundraising-events/
- Events on October 9, 2014
- Classroom Observation Morning8:30 am to 10:30 amJourney with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education. RSVP http://phillywaldorf.com/admissions/tours-and-events/#form