Children develop into fully-formed people within a social context – their family, their friends, their community, even the world at large. In our Parent-Toddler programs we emphasize striving to understand and meet the development of our young children while we grow together as a community of parents.
Work, play, story and song help to weave us closer together over the course of each 10-week session for parents, grandparents or other caregivers with youngsters aged 18 months to 3 years old. Readings and conversations about child development, learning, health, Waldorf education and community help us to recognize the smaller and larger themes at work in our daily life with children.
Our Parent-Toddler Program offers parents, grandparents and caregivers and their children an opportunity to come together once a week in a warm, homelike setting that nurtures and values living a rhythmical life.
Under the guidance of a Waldorf-trained Early Childhood teacher, we share insights about life with a toddler through lively class discussions. Together, we learn how to observe and assess your child’s needs at different developmental stages and find ways to support your child’s natural growth. This structured program includes free play, circle time, songs and poems and a puppet play. We also prepare and share a wholesome snack. In this way, teacher and parents work together to provide a model of what community means for these young, budding children.
Parent-Toddler classes are ten-week sessions, commencing in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Classes are offered five days a week Tuesday through Saturday.
- August 16, 2014
- Family Work Day9:00 am to 1:00 pmAn annual tradition, the Family Work Day is a great way to prepare the classrooms, school building and grounds for the start of the school year. They are also a great way to help ease the transition to school for your little ones. Join us. It's fun!
- August 24, 2014
- Family Work Day1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- September 3, 2014
- First Day of Grade School8:15 am to 9:15 am
- September 4, 2014
- Boo Hoo Breakfast8:00 am to 9:15 amBegin the school year with a cup of coffee and a pastry with fellow WSP parents.
- First Day of Early Childhood Program8:30 am to 9:30 am