Children develop into fully-formed people within a social context – their family, their friends, their community, even the world at large. In our Parent-Toddler programs we emphasize striving to understand and meet the development of our young children while we grow together as a community of parents.
Work, play, story and song help to weave us closer together over the course of each 10-week session for parents, grandparents or other caregivers with youngsters aged 18 months to 3 1/2 years old. Readings and conversations about child development, learning, health, Waldorf education and community help us to recognize the smaller and larger themes at work in our daily life with children.
Our Parent-Toddler Program offers parents, grandparents and caregivers and their children an opportunity to come together once a week in a warm, homelike setting that nurtures and values living a rhythmical life.
Under the guidance of a Waldorf-trained Early Childhood teacher, we share insights about life with a toddler through lively class discussions. Together, we learn how to observe and assess your child’s needs at different developmental stages and find ways to support your child’s natural growth. This structured program includes free play, circle time, songs and poems and a puppet play. We also prepare and share a wholesome snack. In this way, teacher and parents work together to provide a model of what community means for these young, budding children.
Parent-Toddler classes are ten-week sessions, commencing in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Classes are offered five days a week Monday through Friday.
- October 5, 2014
- Fall for the Arts Festival12:00 am to 12:00 amJoin us at our booth on the avenue. Wear your WSP t-shirt and get a prize! http://www.chestnuthillpa.com/showcase/fall-for-the-arts-festival
- Ode To Joy Ride8:30 am to 10:00 amThe Ode to Joy Ride is The Waldorf School of Philadelphia's tribute to our friend Lewis. To find out more information and register visit http://phillywaldorf.com/development/community-fundraising-events/
- October 9, 2014
- Classroom Observation Morning8:30 am to 10:30 amJourney with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education. RSVP http://phillywaldorf.com/admissions/tours-and-events/#form
- October 11, 2014
- Germantown Neighborhood Open House10:00 am to 12:00 pmNeighborhood Open Houses are hosted by a WSP family. Kindly register ahead of time
- October 15, 2014
- Coffee & Conversation3:30 pm to 5:00 pmThe Coffee & Conversation Series is organized by WSP's Parents Association. This talk is the first in a series of three - Eat, Sleep, Play. This first talk is all about food and nourishment for your young child.