Children develop into fully-formed people within a social context – their family, their friends, their community, even the world at large. In our Parent-Toddler programs we emphasize striving to understand and meet the development of our young children while we grow together as a community of parents.
Work, play, story and song help to weave us closer together over the course of each 10-week session for parents, grandparents or other caregivers with youngsters aged 18 months to 3 1/2 years old. Readings and conversations about child development, learning, health, Waldorf education and community help us to recognize the smaller and larger themes at work in our daily life with children.
Our Parent-Toddler Program offers parents, grandparents and caregivers and their children an opportunity to come together once a week in a warm, homelike setting that nurtures and values living a rhythmical life.
Under the guidance of a Waldorf-trained Early Childhood teacher, we share insights about life with a toddler through lively class discussions. Together, we learn how to observe and assess your child’s needs at different developmental stages and find ways to support your child’s natural growth. This structured program includes free play, circle time, songs and poems and a puppet play. We also prepare and share a wholesome snack. In this way, teacher and parents work together to provide a model of what community means for these young, budding children.
Parent-Toddler classes are ten-week sessions, commencing in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Classes are offered five days a week Monday through Friday.
- October 22, 2014
- Ambassador Program7:00 pm to 9:00 pmExplore the hallmarks of The Waldorf School of Philadelphia; our Community, Culture of Creativity, and our Love of Substantive Learning. This is the first workshop in a series of three and we will explore the hallmark of Community. An informative and educational evening for all WSP parents. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 25, 2014
- Fall Family Open House10:00 am to 12:00 pmOur Open Houses are the best way for the whole family to get to know us! Meet teachers, parents, alumni and current students. Enjoy freshly-baked Kindergarten bread, listen to teacher-talks, and more. Join in and let's have fun together! RSVP http://phillywaldorf.com/admissions/tours-and-events/#form
- November 1, 2014
- Fairmount Neighborhood Open House10:00 am to 12:00 pmNeighborhood Open Houses are hosted by a WSP family. Kindly register ahead of time
- November 6, 2014
- Classroom Observation Morning8:30 am to 10:30 amJourney with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education. RSVP http://phillywaldorf.com/admissions/tours-and-events/#form
- November 7, 2014
- School Closed for Parent Teacher Conferences12:00 am to 12:00 am