Children develop into fully-formed people within a social context – their family, their friends, their community, even the world at large. In our Parent-Toddler programs we emphasize striving to understand and meet the development of our young children while we grow together as a community of parents.
Work, play, story and song help to weave us closer together over the course of each 10-week session for parents, grandparents or other caregivers with youngsters aged 18 months to 3 years old. Readings and conversations about child development, learning, health, Waldorf education and community help us to recognize the smaller and larger themes at work in our daily life with children.
Our Parent-Toddler Program offers parents, grandparents and caregivers and their children an opportunity to come together once a week in a warm, homelike setting that nurtures and values living a rhythmical life.
Under the guidance of a Waldorf-trained Early Childhood teacher, we share insights about life with a toddler through lively class discussions. Together, we learn how to observe and assess your child’s needs at different developmental stages and find ways to support your child’s natural growth. This structured program includes free play, circle time, songs and poems and a puppet play. We also prepare and share a wholesome snack. In this way, teacher and parents work together to provide a model of what community means for these young, budding children.
Parent-Toddler classes are ten-week sessions, commencing in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Classes are offered five days a week Tuesday through Saturday.
- March 15, 2014
- WSP Annual Spring Auction7:00 pm to 10:00 pmJoin us on Saturday, March 15 at The Brossman Center in Mt. Airy for a fun night of bidding on auction items, eating, drinking, dancing, and other merriment.
$40/person in advance; $50/person at-door. Get your tickets at
- March 19, 2014
- School Chair Meet 'N Greet8:30 am to 9:30 amJoin the conversation with Kerry Hoffman, School Chair, and her administration team colleagues. Bring questions, concerns or just come and enjoy coffee and conversation.
- March 29, 2014
- Spring Open House10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- April 8, 2014
- Coffee and Conversation7:00 pm to 9:00 pmThe Coffee and Conversation series is organized by the Parent Association.
- April 9, 2014
- School Chair Meet 'N Greet12:00 am to 12:00 am