The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a rarity, even among Waldorf schools. Our school is young, diverse, energetic and urban; a magnet for creative, community-minded people.
Community involvement is a central tenet of WSP as one of the key goals of Waldorf education is to help develop creative, thoughtful, socially conscious and engaged citizens. In this regard, our community is active, engaged and thriving.
There are many ways for parents to become involved with the community at WSP. Our active Parents Association meets quarterly to support the various functions in the school. Parents also serve on the Board of Trustees, The Board Advisory Council and on a variety of Board Mandated Committees.
The mission of the Parents Association is: Inclusion, Participation, Information, Education
- To provide a place for parent’s voices through discussion within the school community
- To hold the school community through our support, response and involvement in all aspects of its work
- To educate, support and challenge ourselves as parents in the transforming work of Waldorf Education
- To welcome and embrace not only new families but continue to work on inclusion of our parent community throughout our journey through 8th grade
Parents Association Meetings 2013-2014
- September 28, 2013
- December 3, 2013
- February 8, 2014
- May 20, 2014
To learn more about the Parents Association, please contact Alex Kujawa, Parents Association Convener (2013-2014) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events on April 29, 2014
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Events on May 14, 2014
- School Chair Meet 'N Greet8:30 am to 9:30 amJoin the conversation with Kerry Hoffman, School Chair, and her administration team colleagues. Bring questions, concerns or just come and enjoy coffee and conversation.
- Events on June 5, 2014
- New Family Orientation7:00 pm to 8:30 pmFamilies enrolling their children for the first time at WSP are required to attend a new family orientation. Please register for this event with Admissions.