The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a rarity, even among Waldorf schools. Our school is young, diverse, energetic and urban; a magnet for creative, community-minded people.
Community involvement is a central tenet of WSP as one of the key goals of Waldorf education is to help develop creative, thoughtful, socially conscious and engaged citizens. In this regard, our community is active, engaged and thriving.
There are many ways for parents to become involved with the community at WSP. Our active Parents Association meets quarterly to support the various functions in the school. Parents also serve on the Board of Trustees, The Board Advisory Council and on a variety of Board Mandated Committees.
The mission of the Parents Association is: Inclusion, Participation, Information, Education
- To provide a place for parent’s voices through discussion within the school community
- To hold the school community through our support, response and involvement in all aspects of its work
- To educate, support and challenge ourselves as parents in the transforming work of Waldorf Education
- To welcome and embrace not only new families but continue to work on inclusion of our parent community throughout our journey through 8th grade
Parents Association Meetings 2014-2015
- September 20, 2014
- December 3, 2014
- February 28, 2015
- May 27, 2015
To learn more about the Parents Association, please contact Parents Association Co-Convener's Alex Kujawa at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jamie Seibert at email@example.com
- Events on October 5, 2014
- Fall for the Arts Festival12:00 am to 12:00 amJoin us at our booth on the avenue. Wear your WSP t-shirt and get a prize! http://www.chestnuthillpa.com/showcase/fall-for-the-arts-festival
- Ode To Joy Ride8:30 am to 10:00 amThe Ode to Joy Ride is The Waldorf School of Philadelphia's tribute to our friend Lewis. To find out more information and register visit http://phillywaldorf.com/development/community-fundraising-events/
- Events on October 9, 2014
- Classroom Observation Morning8:30 am to 10:30 amJourney with us through the early childhood classrooms. Cross the threshold into grade school. Observe teachers and students during periods of academic study and discover how the Waldorf School of Philadelphia can transform your idea of education. RSVP http://phillywaldorf.com/admissions/tours-and-events/#form