The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is committed to maintaining a student body that is socio-economically diverse. Tuition assistance is available for families with a demonstrated financial need through our school’s Financial Aid Program. In return, we seek families who are committed to making this important investment in their child’s future.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia makes Waldorf education accessible through a combined strategy of competitive tuition rates, generous financial aid awards, scholarship, and grants. Each year, our school offers demonstrated needs-based financial assistance to approximately 30% of our families with a variety of awards ranging from several hundred to several thousand dollars. The Waldorf School of Philadelphia commits to maintaining a consistent level of support annually provided families meet the eligibility criteria and continue to demonstrate a comparable need. Applications must be updated annually by the application deadline and we ask families to always give their children’s education a very high priority in their financial planning, including considering possible help from extended family.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia considers financial aid applications for all students who are turning 5 years by June 1st, 2022 through to 8th grade. For a conversation about eligibility for financial aid support please reach out to the Director of Admissions, Maggie Davis at 215-248-1662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid Application Steps
- Apply confidentially online via SSS - Financial Aid. Returning applicants please use your email address and password
- The Application Code for the Waldorf School of Philadelphia is 4125
- Begin your Parent Financial Statement (PFS) - you can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later
- A non-refundable application fee of $55 is required upon submitting your application.
- Prepare to upload supporting documentation to a section called “My Documents.”
- Provide a narrative; any additional pertinent information that can assist the Financial Aid Committee in considering your application
- Application Deadline for the 2021-2022 school year is January 7th, 2022
- Prepare your supporting documents by ensuring they are on your computer and saved as a separate file. Remember to remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- In addition to completing the PFS, you are required to submit the following materials by uploading them to SSS:
- Tax Returns - 1040, W-2s, and all schedules. If you have not yet filed, a copy of your 2020 returns with all W-2s.
- Business owners - All 2021 schedules filed with the IRS. If you have not yet filed, a copy of your 2019 schedules until your 2020 is filed.
- Return to the PFS Online and log in and select the academic year for which you are applying.
- Click on the “My Documents” tab. On the “My Documents” page, there is an upload button or hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Click either the upload button or the hyperlink which will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate, and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
To reduce the obstacle that application fees can create for the neediest of families, SSS by NAIS will automatically evaluate eligibility for families to receive a fee waiver and no longer require families to request waivers for schools to approve. Fee waiver eligibility will be based on the information families submit on their PFS's regarding total income, family household size, and other factors.
Financial Aid Committee
Financial aid decisions are reached by Financial Aid Committee. The Committee reviews each family’s application individually and consideration is given to multiple factors including income, assets, home equity, second home ownership, consumer debt, and the number of children attending tuition-charging institutions. All information is held in strict confidence by the Financial Aid Committee and families receiving support are expected to reciprocate by observing the same strict confidentiality.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia invites applications for the Community Scholarship Program. Please visit the Scholarships and Grants page of our website for further information and details to apply.
The Children’s Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a proud partner of the Children's Scholarship Fund of Philadelphia which provides opportunities for tuition scholarships for Philadelphia residents with children attending K through 8th grade. Learn more about CSFP and the application process.