The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is committed to making Waldorf education accessible through a combined strategy of competitive tuition rates, generous financial aid awards, scholarship and grants.
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia considers financial aid applications for all students who are turning 5 years by June 1st, 2019 through to 8th grade. We offer financial assistance to approximately 30% of our families each year with a variety of needs-based awards ranging from several hundred to several thousand dollars. We are committed to maintaining a consistent level of support annually, provided families meet the eligibility criteria and continue to demonstrate a comparable need. All applications must be updated annually by the application deadline and we ask families to always give their children’s education a very high priority in their financial planning, including considering possible help from extended family.
The 2020-2021 Financial Aid Application Deadline is January 15th, 2020
The financial aid application window is from October through January and the deadline for applications is January 15th, 2020. Families are advised of financial aid awards on or about February 1st. Financial aid applications are made through School and Student Services (SSS), a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. Families are encouraged to complete their financial aid application at the same time as the admission application process is being completed.
Financial assistance decisions are reached by a Financial Aid Committee. The Committee reviews each family’s application individually and consideration is given to multiple factors including income, assets, home equity, second home ownership, consumer debt, and the number of children attending tuition-charging institutions. All information is held in strict confidence and families receiving support are asked to reciprocate by observing the same strict confidentiality.
For a conversation about eligibility for financial support from the Waldorf School of Philadelphia, please reach out to the Director of Advancement & Enrollment, Alexandra Borders at 215-248-1662 or email@example.com
Steps to Apply
- Create a confidential online account via SSS - Financial Aid
- Submit your application by the deadline of January 15th, 2020
- Please use the application code 4125 for the Waldorf School of Philadelphia
- Returning applicants please use your email address and password previously set up
- Begin a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) for Academic Year 2019-20 - you can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later
- The fee of $49 is non-refundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn but it can be revised later
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you will have access to the PFS Online to a section called “My Documents.” There you can upload supporting documents.
- Prepare your supporting documents by ensuring they are on your computer and saved as a separate file. Remember to remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- In addition to completing the PFS, you are required to submit the following materials by uploading them to SSS:
- 2019 Tax Returns - 1040, W-2s and all schedules. If you have not yet filed, a copy of your 2018 returns with all 2019 W-2s.
- Business owners - All 2019 schedules filed with the IRS. If you have not yet filed, a copy of your 2018 schedules until your 2018 are filed.
- Return to the PFS Online and log in and select the Academic Year 2020-21 button.
- Click on the “My Documents” tab. On the “My Documents” page, there is an upload button or hyperlink next to a specific document name in the “Required Documents” section of the PFS. Click either the upload button or the hyperlink which will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
529 Savings Plans
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia invites applications for the Community Scholarship Program. Please visit the Scholarships and Grants page of our website for further information and details to apply.