Admissions – Grades
Hello There and Welcome!
Thank you for your interest in the Waldorf School of Philadelphia. Our school's admissions process is a series of simple steps designed to support families every step of the way through the application and enrolment process. For a conversation about admission to the Waldorf School of Philadelphia, contact:
- Visit: Contact our admissions office for an invitation to a virtual Open House. Email Maggie Davis, Admissions Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply: Submit an online enrollment application. As a Waldorf school, children must turn six years old by June 1st to qualify for our first grade. To learn more about this important aspect of Waldorf education visit our blog, Loving Learning, or contact Maggie Davis in the Admissions Office for a conversation.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee is to be submitted along with your online application.
- References: Ask your child’s teacher for a reference and school transcripts (if available). Please use the appropriate link Teachers Reference PreK-1 or Teachers Reference Grades 2-5 or Teachers Reference Grades 6-8 and the Request for Records
- Academic Assessment: Applicants for 2nd-8th grade will be invited to complete a language arts and math academic assessment.
- Family Interview: The Admissions Office will be in touch to set up a time for a Family Interview with the Director of Enrollment and the Class Teacher.
- Classroom Visit: Prospective students will be invited for a classroom visit to experience being a Waldorf student for two days.
- Admissions Decision: We aim to convey admissions decisions in a timely manner upon completion of the full admissions application process.
- Enrollment Deposits: Deposits and decisions are usually due in February, or two weeks after the admissions acceptance if after February.
Financial Aid Program
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is committed to inclusion and we strive to provide a Waldorf education for all those who desire it. To learn about the Financial Aid Program visit the financial aid page.